Shop Nasty Gal

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

calling jodie

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
( vintage hat, vintage liz claiborne belt, h&m fringe bag, vintage fringed clogs, vintage blouse, f21 shorts)





This outfit screams 70's love.  On my day off I visited the local thrift store and made out like a bandit.  I fell in love with this gorgeous felt hat, especially the flower detail. The clogs are basically the score of a lifetime - why anyone would NOT want them in their wardrobe is beyond me...... needless to say, I'm more than thrilled to be able to give them a home in MY closet!
I realized after the shoot that this outfit bears a striking resemblance to that worn by Jodie Foster's character in Taxi Driver (see below for the comparison). I didn't really have her in mind when I styled the look but perhaps it emerged subconsciously. Either way, I am happy with the end result.






11 comments:

  1. You look super gorgeous in the second photo!

    hearts,
    Melai of Style and Soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BY FAR my most fave outfit I've seen on you YET! It's fan-tastic. I'm a HUGE vintage fanatic...so that's prob why I love this so much! Great colors too...totally channeling Fall.
    And I really love how you were inspired by the old photo of Jodie Foster (She had great style, didn't she?)
    Loves it!

    xx
    Jen
    http://belledecouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great! i really love the soft nude colors with the black leather shorts and fringe back- so inspirational! i need to go thrifting soon :D

    ps. please check out my giveaway :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, did you get those F21 shorts recently?? I've been eyeing the Silence + Noise leather shorts at Urban recently, but my budget is much more in the Forever 21 range....

    Love your look!

    threadbearer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! i loveee ur hat! :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfits! Such a great blog!! Now following!

    www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am over the moon that i have stumbled upon your blog! as i keep on scrolling down i am wowed with ALL your outfits! - seriously! i LOVE vintage and i dig the way you have mixed branded items with wonderful vintage finds! genius!

    love love everything! and the FELT hat! im seeing them everywhere!

    a new follower indeed! come by for a visit and follow too?! i will be throwing a neat giveaway soon!

    youronlyblackswan.blogspot.com

    x Your Only Blackswan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your looks. Have you seen this?

    http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/08/slideshow_the_week_in_street_s_1.html#photo=9x59178

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit. You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails